Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - Dad Who Gave Son Steroids Is Given 6-Year Sentence

Dad Who Gave Son Steroids Is Given 6-Year Sentence

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

Postby Robert on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:58 pm

Published: Jan 8, 2008

TAMPA - Saying he hopes to send a message to parents of athletes who want to excel, a federal judge on Monday gave a six-year sentence to a father who gave his son steroids.

James Gahan admitted giving the synthetic testosterone and human growth hormone to his son, Corey, a champion in-line skater, who was banned from the sport, for at least two years, beginning in 2003, when the boy was 13.

James Gahan later lied about his involvement, accusing his son's trainer and a clinic operator of giving the boy drugs without his knowledge, Gahan's plea agreement states.

"I apologize to my family and to the court for my actions that have brought us here, most importantly my son," Gahan said. "There is no excuse for what I've done … I have made some bad choices."

Read full story:
http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBMDX2Y5BF.html
Robert
Site Admin

Postby Robert on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:24 am

Sadly, the newspaper reports that Gahan's son, Corey, is no longer skating:

Gahan, 41, of Lady Lake, is now estranged from his son, who is living in Michigan with his mother, defense attorney Thomas Ostrander said.

"It's very clear that he was a world-class athlete," Ostrander said of Corey Gahan. "He's not anymore." The boy "doesn't train anymore because of the numerous injuries" he suffered when he pushed himself after using steroids, Ostrander said. "He's no longer an in-line skater."
Robert
Site Admin

Return to Inline Skating