Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - Tel Us About the Silver Strand Half Marathon

Tel Us About the Silver Strand Half Marathon

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

Tel Us About the Silver Strand Half Marathon

Postby Robert on Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi, all.

Here's the Planet story (updates to come) on today's Silver Strand Half Marathon:
http://www.inlineplanet.com/2007-11/strand.html

If you were there, tel us about it!
Robert
Site Admin

Re: Tel Us About the Silver Strand Half Marathon

Postby racebrake on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:32 am

"Robert"]Hi, all. If you were there, tel us about the race"
Hey Robert, you were there today? I never even saw you! However, there were a lot of skaters there today! This is Audrey (Beach Bladers) The race? Had a blast! Was such a fun treat to be in a race instead of putting on a race! (More fun being in the start line, instead of in front of the start line!) With a cold start this am my feet were kinda numb for the first 5 miles but then it warmed up nicely. no rain! (ok 50 degrees is not that cold but skinsuits are not windproof, with an unusual head wind today, I lost the big packs right at the start of the race but caught up with a local skater whom was a runner now turned into skater, plus a few other local skaters whom were doing their best to "jump on as our train went by! Road crossings were manned with attentive volunteers, we even had cheerleaders at the water stations! A big thank you to Howard Yeh and Lizzy Loeb for putting up the heads up signs all over the course forewarning us of the bumps, divots, u turns and the roads cracks ahead! Even orange marking the big pot holes in the road etc. But before going in to radio road I could see the other skaters as they went by, I could hear everybody give a big friendly shout and hello as they went by! But oh Gawd Radio Road.... a skaters nightmare! Road conditions have gotten worse over the years and this year was no better. I could hear the groans from the skaters ahead, as they headed up the hill. Once out of radio road, heading back on Palm then into Sea Coast Dr. I slowed a bit knowing there was a big crack in the road coming up, good thing I did as there was sand all over the road, why the race director did not send a "clean up " broom patrol over there, have no idea but can more than understand those that did take a road rash flyer on the corner! As I tried to reve up for the finish line, I was just "out of gas" It was a blast however hear skaters cheer me on even though they were finished way before me! Seems I also missed quite the excitement when Howard Yeh had a huge sign for Lizzy Loeb at the last turn, with a "Will you marry me Lizzy?" and a was on one knee with a diamond ring at the finish line! Now there is great race finish! Congrats to Howard and Lizzy whom met at the race, are now engaged at the race and will enjoy a most happy future together! There was a nice dinner the night before in San Diego where about 50 skaters exchanged stories from previous years race. Seeing skaters from all over the country whom I had not seen for a year, was way cool. This race brings skaters from all over the US with one goal in mind, go fast, no stop signs, have fun, race fast. Weather your in the first or second pack, or in the middle to last pack, this is one race worth the drive to or fly to, to be in! The race director is skate friendly and put on a good event. There were flaws in the event at there are at any event but over all a good event with some great skaters! See ya all at the start line next year!
** update seems I had some of the story incorrect about how Howard actually proposed, excuse the info error, but am so happy for Howard and Lizzy they are a great couple!
**(Howard had the sign at the u turn at the top of radio road, then he scooted down to the end of the finish line where he was one knee with a beautiful ring!)**
Last edited by racebrake on Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
racebrake

Howard Yee pops the question

Postby Robert on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:00 pm

From Peggy Girgenti:
Hi, Robert.
I just wanted to share this cute story with you. Yesterday during the Silver Strand Half Marathon, Howard Yee of San Diego Street Elite proposed to Lizzy Loeb on the course with a sign painted "will you marry me?" (see attached photos) He had helped set up the signs for the race on the previous day, and somehow managed to hide his marry me sign amongst the race course signs. As he skated ahead during the race, he stopped to prepare to pop the big question as soon as Lizzy caught up to him. On one knee, he proposed marriage and surprised her with a beautiful ring from his fanny pack. Since this was the race where they had met a few years back, it was only fitting to get engaged here in sunny San Diego with the beach in the background!
Congratulations to two of the nicest people in Southern Cal!

Peggy Girgenti
Robert
Site Admin

Postby SkateSkateSkate on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Thats a great proposal story. Congrats to them!! :D
SkateSkateSkate

Postby Roger Olson on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:55 pm

Boy :o now that would have been super to have been there to congratulate and help celebrate with them both. V & I send our best. :D Thanks Peggy for posting these great pics of them.
R(O)(O)(O)(O)ger :arrow:
R(O)(O)(O)(O)ger
Roger Olson

Wedding

Postby shaloheat on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:06 am

Congrats guys!
shaloheat

Postby inlinesk8race on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:51 pm

Anyone have the link to the results? Thanks.
inlinesk8race

Postby BontRep on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:26 pm

http://runraceresults.com/ResultsFrame. ... &Rc=4&Tp=O

A BIG congratulations to Howard and Lizzy...! Also to Jake and Peggy...

Glenn
BontRep

Postby orangechevy on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:17 pm

First, a big congrats to Lizzy and Howard. Seems to be a few more skaters than last year. Am I wrong? Any more pics out there?

MIke
orangechevy

Postby The Major on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:04 pm

So she said yes?
Greg Major
The Major

Postby racebrake on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:06 pm

The Major wrote:So she said yes?

yes? how about a big yes!!! look at the grin on both thier faces!
A
racebrake

Postby The Major on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:09 pm

Looks like it was a great event. Good turnout. Congrats to Peggy. Also I see Penny Wright had a great race. 25th overall. Way to go girl.
Greg Major
The Major

Next

Return to Inline Skating