Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - Charles Wahlig - RIP

Charles Wahlig - RIP

Press releases and announcements about inline skating events and products

Charles Wahlig - RIP

Postby Robert on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:39 pm

CHARLES WAHLIG
Charles Wahlig, 74, of Hockessin, DE, died at home on Saturday, December 8, 2007.

He and his wife, Connie owned and operated four roller skating centers in Delaware.

Charles was a former National and World Roller speed skating and dance champion. He is the only person to have won Gold Medals in Senior Speed and Senior Dance at a national and world level.

He coached over one thousand state, regional, national and world champions from the Eastern region and was a school teacher at Welsh Elementary School in Dover before he and his family moved to Wilmington.

He was also a former coach of the U.S. inline speed skating team and a member of the speed committee of the Federation International of Roller Sports (FIRS).

In his last years, he trained with his sons and completed 10 sprint triathlons.

He is survived by his wife, Connie; his children, Beth Nolan and her husband, Jay of New- ark, DE, Anne Wahlig of Newark, DE, Cort Wahlig and his wife, Tammi of Elkton, MD, and Charlie Wahlig and his wife, Erica of Severna Park, MD; his brother, Dr. Michael Wahlig of San Ramone, CA; his sister,s Dr. Mary Nicholson on State College, PA and Carol Szostek of Queens, NY. Also surviving are his grandchildren, Tyler, Abbey and Alex, Rory and CJ; and his brother-in-law, LD Shank and his wife, Donna of Odessa, DE, along with many nieces and nephews.

Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Anthony o Padua Catholic Church, 9th and Du- Pont Sts., Wilmington on Friday morning at 10 am. Friends may call at the MEALY FUNERAL HOME, Limestone and Milltown Roads on Thurs- day evening from 5-8 pm. There will be no more calling hours. Interment will be held pri- vately at the family's convenience.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2004 Sproul Road, Suite 208, Broomall, PA 19008 and/or Delaware Hospice, 3515 Silverside Road, Wilmington, DE 19810.
Robert
Site Admin

Charles Wahlig

Postby cw03 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:17 am

Thanks Robert,
I will pass on your thoughts at the services over the next few days. I am gathering all of the wonderful thoughts and prayers I have found on the internet over the last week. My Dad has been a positive influence in many people's lives; not just his family's.
I am lucky I could call him Dad and Friend, but I had no idea how many other people had thought of him the same way...

--Charlie Michael
cw03

Postby Robert on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:29 am

Thanks for your note, Charlie.

I had the pleasure of speaking with your father a few times for stories I was working on for the Inline Planet. I always found him to be generous with his time and a great champion of the sport.

My condolences to your family.

Yours,
Robert
Robert
Site Admin

Return to Announcements