Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - Miami International Inline Marathon

Miami International Inline Marathon

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

Postby Tru-Rev on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:48 pm

Palm Beach Challenge Invitational & Miami International Inline Marathon
Hosted by Tru-Rev
January 19-21, 2008

Indoor Events:
January 19-20 at Atlantis Skateway-3100 Jog Road, Greenacres, FL.
The indoor events will include Pro/Elite, Elite Divisions and Junior Olympic Divisions. This contest will be sanctioned by USARS and all USARS rules will apply.

USA International Racing Series Outdoor Event:
January 20-21
Brian Piccolo Park
9501 Sheridan Street, Cooper City, FL

The outdoor events will be part of the International Racing Series.
Ranking points will be issued for both bank track and road races.

Tru-Rev will be hosting this inaugural event January 21 at 7 am at Brian Piccolo Park. Awards for all age divisions as well as cash prizes for World Class.

For more information on this event go to http://www.myspace.com/miamiinlinemarathon

Registration form available at http://www.miamiinternationalinlinemarathon.com
Early Registration Deadline extended to December 23.
Tru-Rev

Postby Jim White on Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:51 pm

What is the International Racing Series (or USA International Racing Series)? Where is more information available?
Jim White

Postby tdellaringa on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Jim White wrote:What is the International Racing Series (or USA International Racing Series)? Where is more information available?

What he said, plus - it would be great if the race information could also be on the race website where you have the PDF. I for one hate to go to myspace pages, they are so cluttered and hard to read, the music is annoying, you can't find the info you want... since you have a site already, it would be easy to put the basic info there as well.

Also, lot's of places of employment block myspace pages (we do) and if I wanted to check it out at lunch or something, I couldn't, the other site I can.
tdellaringa

Postby Robbie H on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:21 pm

Robbie H

Postby debbont on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:08 pm

Let me know the model & size and I'll see what I can do....
debbont

Postby BWI-Sheldon on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:12 pm

Are there any more details for these events yet?
Is there course mapped out yet, and is it near the track?
What time does the track events begin on Sunday 1/20?
What time does the road events begin on Mon 21, and do both the 10k and the 42k happen simultanously? Can someone compete at both the 1500m -10k and skate the marathon?
Are there any hosting hotel nearby?
Is there any expo type event going on during the weekend?
Do I ask to many questions?
BWI-Sheldon

Postby Jim White on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Publicizing details of these events hasn't been a priority. These events have been held for years; I sense their attitude to be that everyone who is interested already knows all they need to.

The marathon course has always been near the track, inside the park which includes the track. Events usually start fairly early in the morning, like 8AM.

Generally, the schedule allows everyone to skate all events, so you could do the 1500 and the marathon if you had enough energy and feet weren't too sore. I don't see the 10k in the plans, do don't know whether that's a stand-alone race or intended as a shorter skate for those for whom a marathon would seem too long.

Several hotels are about 15 minutes away.

Yes, there will be an expo.

No, you don't ask too many questions. Although really expecting answers to all would be a bit much; just come, leave a little extra time, go with the flow; you'll have plenty of fun even if you don't get to every single race, there's plenty else to do in the vicinity if you have spare time
Jim White

Postby DROID on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:04 pm

There is a Holiday Inn at the intersection of Interstate 95 and Sheridan Street.

To get to Piccolo Park,..... just head WEST (away from the Atlantic Ocean) on Sheridan...... it's about a 10 - 15 minute drive DIRECTLY to the Park. There is a booth at the entrance and they charge $ 1.50 to drive into the park. The skate area is way in the back and off to the right. I have trained there several times and it is really nice facility.

It is hard to say what they will use as the marathon course. There is a nice FLAT & WIDE outdoor skate road that is ONLY for skating. This is NOT the banked track but is located just next to the banked track. This trail is about 12 feet wide and is a HLF MILE around with several turns (R & L). I don't know is they do a 43 laps to make up a 26.2 mile marathon,...... or if they utilize the roads within the park. Those roads would be ideal for a marathon, and on the posts that got lost last week,... someone replied to me that they remembered the marathon being on those park roads.

Anyway,............. it is probably a good idea to go the day before and just wing it.......you will not miss the race. It is easy to get there and there are lots of stores, restaurants,.. etc. on Sheridan St.

This is very close to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport which is just a few minutes NORTH on I -95, ...but a long drive to the Miami Airport.

ENJOY

DROID
DROID

Postby Tru-Rev on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:35 am

Hi Sheldon,

Although, Trurev is only the sponsor, I will answer your questions to the best of my ability:

Are there any more details for these events yet? IF YOU PRINT OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM. THE SPECIFICS ARE LISTED.

Is there course mapped out yet, and is it near the track? YES, IT WILL UTILIZE THE WHOLE PARK INCLUDING THE 800 METER TRACK. THIS WILL BE THE SAME MARATHON ROUTE AS THE PAN AM CHAMPIONSHIPS A FEW YEARS AGO WHICH IS ABOUT 2 MILE LOOP.

What time does the track events begin on Sunday 1/20? I WOULD GET THERE EARLY AFTERNOON AND GET YOUR OWN WARM-UP AND SKATING PRACTICE DONE. HUNDREDS OF SKATERS WILL BE PRESENT MID AFTERNOON AND OFFICIAL WARM-UPS ARE DONE BY AGE GROUPS WHICH CAN TAKE TIME. COMPETITION USUALLY DOES NOT START TILL LATE AFTERNOON.
What time does the road events begin on Mon 21? YOU NEED TO BE PRESENT BEFORE 7:00AM IF YOU WANT TO PRACTICE ON THE MARATHON TRACE., and do both the 10k and the 42k happen simultanously? NO. Later their will be a 20K ONLY FOR ELITE SKATERS. and a 10K for AGE GROUP both on the 800 meter crit course. Can someone compete at both the 1500m -10k and skate the marathon? ABSOLUTELY, IN FACT MOST REGULAR COMPETITORS WILL BE DOING THAT.
Are there any hosting hotel nearby? WITHIN A 10 MILE RADIUS, I WOULD APPROXIMATE AT LEAST 50 HOTELS. SEE http://www.Myspace.com/miamiinlinemarathon for a few listing, however, many hotels available.

Is there any expo type event going on during the weekend? MOST MAJOR MANUFACTURERS IN USA WILL BE ATTENDING.

Do I ask to many questions? NOT AT ALL.
Last edited by Tru-Rev on Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tru-Rev

Postby alex on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:49 pm

Anybody skate this skate track before know if it is a smooth course or Florida shellrock?
alex

Postby Jim White on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:50 am

When I skated it, it was smooth, perhaps some shellrock, but it was welll buried below the surface. Hopefully someone has current experience.
Jim White

Next

Return to Inline Skating