Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - A2A 2008 Rescheduled

A2A 2008 Rescheduled

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

A2A 2008 Rescheduled

Postby scottmjones on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:55 pm

Due to a change in the UGA football schedule, the Athens to Atlanta Road Skate will be rescheduled to Sunday, October 5th, 2008. An updated entry form with the new dates and deadlines is now on the web site at http://www.a2a.net.

My apologies to any events that are in conflict with this date, but we are totally at the mercy of the UGA football schedule, in order to get the resources we need in Athens.
scottmjones

Postby Dmorgan on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:12 pm

When is the online registration going to open? FWIW, I didn't know that there were any football teams in Georgia.
Dmorgan

Go Dawgs!! No bones about it!

Postby Tahiti girl on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:28 pm

Another fine reason to register for A2A is to visit Athens, GA. This a great university town. They have a football team that the whole town seems to support! There are various themed Georgia Bulldogs placed throughout the town. As Scott Jones indicated in his post, registration is OPEN for 2008 so don't wait :D
Tahiti girl

Postby dja on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:46 pm

Dmorgan wrote:...I didn't know that there were any football teams in Georgia.

Pro: Atlanta Falcons
College division 1-A:
    Univ. of Georgia (Athens, SEC East)
    Georgia Tech. (Atlanta, ACC)

Surely there are more in the other NCAA divisions, not to mention high school, etc.

DJ
Last edited by dja on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dja

A to A Registration

Postby cwilson on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:51 pm

Tahiti Girl,

As Scott Jones indicated in his post, registration is OPEN for 2008 so don't wait

I think the question was, when is the online registration open. I only see the mail in version is available right now, not the online (unless we're blind).
cwilson

time saving way to go

Postby Tahiti girl on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:28 pm

If you click on the registration form, there is a sentence that reads," to register on line go to http://www.Active.Com and search for "A2A". Hope that it works for you :D I tried to find it and couldn't. :( I have emailed Scott Jones and should have some information soon.
Tahiti girl

Re: time saving way to go

Postby racebrake on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:53 am

Tahiti girl wrote:If you click on the registration form, there is a sentence that reads," to register on line go to http://www.Active.Com and search for "A2A". Hope that it works for you :D I tried to find it and couldn't. :( I have emailed Scott Jones and should have some information soon.

** due to the fires today, it is possible active .com is not posting the current news, as they are directly in the fire area, as well as the people whom work there live in the fire area too in the Ramona and San Diego area.
racebrake

Postby Dmorgan on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:39 am

Tahiti girl,
cwilson is right. I was asking about the online registration. I have been trying Active.com also without any luck.
Dmorgan

Postby Bill in Houston on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:04 pm

dja wrote:I'm aware of 3 in division 1-A:
    Univ. of Georgia (Athens, SEC East)
    Georgia Tech. (Atlanta, ACC)
    UAB (Birmingham, Conf USA)
Surely there are more in the other divisions.
Heh heh. You musta gone to the Univ [sic] of Georgia. What does the "A" in "UAB" stand for? :-)

Go Jackets!
Bill in Houston

Online registration

Postby scottmjones on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Online registration is not open yet. Due to technical problems with active.com, I need to spend a few hours rebuilding things. A general announcement will be made when everything is ready. Don't know about the forest fires, but hopefully they have an offsite data center.

-Scott
scottmjones

online registration

Postby Tahiti girl on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Thanks, Scott! We appreciate all that you do!
Tahiti girl

Re: Online registration

Postby racebrake on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:46 pm

scottmjones wrote:Online registration is not open yet. Due to technical problems with active.com, I need to spend a few hours rebuilding things. A general announcement will be made when everything is ready. Don't know about the forest fires, but hopefully they have an offsite data center.
-Scott

Scott the data may be "off site" but the people in the office might not be at work, due to loosing their homes or the office might be closed due to the major fire going on down there. Please look at the news, 300 thousand people have been evacuated in that area alone.(They are in Qual Com Stadium right now, just like the Super Dome a few years ago, but will be home(if still standing) or someplace in a few days. Would you be at work if a Katrina type disaster were in your neighborhood today? Just how important would it be to have some race info updated that is a year away, if your home was in danger? think about it..... not to be rude but to the people posting on this thread, please be a bit understanding that this is a huge fire event, not everybody lives breathes or exists by a2a. If this were happening to you in your neighborhood would you rather save your dwelling and your neighbors dwelling or would you be posting the updates for a race a year from now? Sure your data is safe, but the person doing the imput may not be, give it a day. I'm sure they will be back at work soon!
racebrake

Next

Return to Inline Skating