Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - Date Set, Venue Change for Napa Inline Marathon

Date Set, Venue Change for Napa Inline Marathon

Press releases and announcements about inline skating events and products

Date Set, Venue Change for Napa Inline Marathon

Postby Robert on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:32 pm

From D. Miles:

EVENTS CALENDAR

Sunday, July 13, 2008 will be the date of the 2008 Napa Valley Inline Marathon and Half Marathon.

This year I plan to move the venue closer to the south end of the Napa Valley. The course will be on the Silverado Trail between Oak Knoll Ave. and Oakville Cross Road. This is a 7 mile section that has all brand new pavement. It also has less hills, but there are enough to to fill the need for speed. There are also some major hotels close by like the Marriott and Embassy Suites that can accommodate the kind of people that travel to skate races. I have the dates and am working on the details now.

One lap is 13.1 Half Marathon. 2 laps is the full 26.2 mile marathon.

Keep Rollin',

D. Miles Jr.
The GodFather of Sk8
http://www.cora.org http://www.skatinplace.com http://www.SkateGoldenGate.com
Robert
Site Admin

Postby DROID on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:14 am

AWESOME !!!!! ................... this is really fantastic news. That stretch of raod really is nice and smooth,.... recently repaved with blacktop,.... and has a few rolling hills. This is just opposite the first town north of the city of Napa,... Yountville.............. home of the famous restaurants "French Laundry" and Bouchon's".

The Yountville Cross Road connecting Hwy 29 with the Silverado Trail is fantastic for a Saturday skate and there is a free parking lot on this road,... about half mile from the Silverado Trail..... if anyone wants to park there early Sunday AM.

Hey D,..... are the awards and more importantly, the BarB-Q still going to be held up at the Calistoga County Fairgrounds Park ??????

DROID
DROID

Postby The Major on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:01 am

I'm putting this one on my calender for 2008
Greg Major
The Major

Napa

Postby bldegle2 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:14 pm

Black Ice, oh boy.....that section of roadie is PRIME for an event, it is closer to Napa, with more options for skaters to put up for the night.....

I still pine for the point to point Napa races of the mid/late 90's, but due to current restrictions, it is real tough to close the whole roadie.

Did I mention BLACK ICE, woohoo!!!!

the old bald one
bldegle2

Postby zoraster on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:27 pm

If anyone is interested, I mapped out the supposed course. I don't really know where the start and finish will be, so the distance listed is more than a marathon, but you will get an idea as to the new elevation. There still looks to be some crazy hills.

Check it out...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1350042

For elevation comparison, here is the old route...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1350087

You can see that the hills of the older route are steeper.

Scott
zoraster

Postby The Major on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:23 pm

I came up with something a little different. This is just one way going from South to North. It shows a steep climb at about 2.7 miles but I think it's not accurate as it would be a wall.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/united-s ... /271874660
Greg Major
The Major

Postby flydwnhill on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:43 am

Hi all,

All this worry about hills is kind of silly. The hills are very minor. Almost like false flats. All you flatland speedskaters are going to love it!

Please do put this one on your calendar. The Droid isn't just blowing smoke when he has written about this beautiful area.

With a little skater support this could be a great, big event. It is already a great event. I don't know of any event that feeds the skaters post race for free. I just witnessed the 100k last weekend and the burgers were going for $4! At Napa, D and Rose have always had a big BBQ with tons of food all for nuthin'!

Yes, this is a 'Mom and Pop' operation, literally, and that is a good thing.

I just have to say that it is a little bit frustrating watching hundreds or thousands of skaters flock to other races, but skip one of the best, if not the best, venues on the calendar.

So please, please, please tell all your skating friend to plan to attend next year.

Dan Burger
flydwnhill

Postby The Major on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:41 am

Dan, that was my point. No big deal on the hills. I'll be there. I came out a few times for the Napa to Calastoga races in the late 90's I think. I love it out there.
Greg Major
The Major

Postby zoraster on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:20 pm

My intention in showing the elevation was not meant to scare skaters off. If you compare the elevations, you can clearly see that the hills are smaller than the previous course.

The hills shouldn't be a big deal at all, like Greg mentioned.

If anything this should turn out to be a much faster course.

Scott
zoraster

Put em' on and head em' out..West, that is

Postby Tahiti girl on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:09 pm

Over hill, over dale , lets skate the Silverado Trail, as those skaters go rollin' along. :D Never been to Napa but this does sound good, even to a flatlander :wink:
Tahiti girl

Return to Announcements