Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - Chad Hedrick Takes a Tumble

Chad Hedrick Takes a Tumble

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

Chad Hedrick Takes a Tumble

Postby Robert on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:08 am

From Debbie Rice at the Single Distance (Ice) World Championships:

Greetings from Salt Lake City. Today was the first day, and they ran the 1500 and 5000. Chad (who's best race is the 5000) took a nasty fall about 3/4 way through the race, injuring his already injured knee.... it's not looking good for him to compete in his remainder events, but we shall see. He was looking really strong too! He clipped skates with his paired partner, then toe picked and his feet went up behind him, causing him to hit really hard on his chest. He slid for awhile, but somehow got up and finished the darn race! We all thought the worst because his crash looked really bad, skates flying up over his head behind him. His injured his knee a few weeks back (hyper-extended it) and I'm sure that had something to do with him crashing.

Jessica Smith will be competing in the 500M on Saturday. The Dutch are looking really strong.

That's all for now :)

Debbie Rice
Bont Skates North America
Robert
Site Admin

Postby Let4ik on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:09 am

It happened a little different.While coming out from turn,Chad felt a plug(or i'm not sure how to call it) under his skate and fall down.His paired partner has nothing to do with it.
And once again no.He wasn't strong at all.
Just compare his technique and time per lap with the leading threesome's and no more such thoughts will arise.
Though i hope that next season will be much more successful for him.
Let4ik

Postby debbont on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:48 am

yes I did find out after the race that he had hit one of the cones coming out of the corner, and not the other skater, I was misinformed - :roll:
debbont

Postby debbont on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:51 pm

Shani won the 1000, and I believe Chad took 7th in the 10K.... team pursuit was yesterday afternoon, but I missed it :roll:
debbont

Return to Inline Skating