Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - inline lateral clapskate- a child of the onewheelskate

inline lateral clapskate- a child of the onewheelskate

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

inline lateral clapskate- a child of the onewheelskate

Postby onewheelskate on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:10 am

[email protected]
inline lateral clapskate -a child of the onewheelskate -a child of Thomas Luder's pedespeed 1870

this is an animation of the above photo clips 6mg:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=445389954179886382

OK. So why do this? (for inline and ice, I'll do ice blades when I get a set)
I wanted the onewheelskate dynamic* but wanted to go faster than 4-10 mph steady state speed of the onewheelskates.
So the apple falls from the tree. I think what would happen if I could use a rack of wheels (for more speed) and pivot over the ball of the foot like the onewheelskates? ......inline skates, casters, springs and duct tape.... voila:
They work well above expectations.
caution caution they are ankle breakers.

p.s. this is now posted as GNU freeware I haven't done a patent on this. Oh well. freely i received freely i give.

the specs are at: http://dcrinlineskates.com

* p.p.s OK. So why do this?
I wanted the onewheelskate dynamic*
The onewheelskate dynamic is thus: Because I am on two unicycles things are going on that I do not have the Newtonian physics to explain. But when you push off one foot that foot rotates in the direction of the anticipated foot. Which means that at the end of the push both feet are on the same line and pointing the same direction.

any comments will point me in the right direction.

onewheelskate :shock:
onewheelskate

Postby DARTHBLADER on Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:47 pm

What did your ankles ever do to get you on their bad side? :wink:
DARTHBLADER

truly this device is very dangerous

Postby onewheelskate on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:31 am

DARTHBLADER wrote:What did your ankles ever do to get you on their bad side? :wink:

I am very cautious as one can tell by 'THE VIDEO'
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-62405360111133487&hl=en
onewheelskate

Postby bldegle2 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:59 pm

While I find your 'invention/modification' unique, it doesn't take one to a real "happy place".

This design looks to be problematic as speed increases, especially with cornering and downhills. Think about it......

Hats off to the radical design anyway, curious as to how 'strong' the actual connection between the skate and the frame is, since it is moving in two directions (sideways and up/down)....

Maybe a video showing some agressive stroking/cornering/crossovers and maybe at least 20 mph to 30 MPH in a downhill tuck and a highspeed turn or two thrown in whilst flying along...

Laterzzzz....
bldegle2

avoiding the body cast...I am many hours of practice from

Postby onewheelskate on Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:49 am

bldegle2 wrote: curious as to how 'strong' the actual connection between the skate and the frame is, since it is moving in two directions (sideways and up/down)....
Laterzzzz....

That would be a 1/4" bolt through the boot sole into an 1 1/2" lazy susan (from a wheel caster with the wheel cut off and a hole bored through the center of the bearing plates to accomodate the boot mounting bolt, at the ball of the foot./also for ice skates (when I get some blades)) . :shock:

avoiding the body cast...I am many hours of practice from going fast, yet.
Yes all of your observations a very valid.
At present the (qsk8 v.dcr-inline-lateral-clapskate) is a house of cards with my ankles above them.
'a broken clock is correct twice a day' the second question is....
what time is it?
onewheelskate

Postby bldegle2 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:25 pm

" 'a broken clock is correct twice a day' the second question is....
what time is it? "

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this is true, however, the last time I checked, clocks don't have feet and ankles attached....it takes a bit more time for broken whatevers to heal compared to replacing a defective part...

whatever, this IS interesting, keep us informed....

laterzzzz.....
bldegle2

Return to Inline Skating