Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - Baxter and Big Granite same weekend?

Baxter and Big Granite same weekend?

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

Postby ED3 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:58 am

As of this writing, the BigGranite web page is showing 28 June as the 2008 race date.

I guess this could be something of a ' be-careful-of-what-you-wish-for' situation...We (the Midwest) now have almost more big races in June than available weekends.

ED3
ED3

Postby The Major on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:10 pm

I think this is great. Two great races in one weekend. For us from Chicago, we can go to Big Granite, stop at the Dells and race the Badger race the next weekend. Wooohooo!
Greg Major
The Major

Postby alsec on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:45 pm

Guess if I had to make a choice I would go with Big Granite. I believe the Big Granite course pavement is better, administration of the race seems better, awards are better, it seems like more of a community supported event and lunch at the Deep Water Grille afterwards is always the best. Lets hope they can change it somehow so we do not have to make a choice.
alsec

Postby The Major on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:10 pm

They're on seperate days, why not do both? I think the pavement if better at the Badger course. Maybe it's a little rougher in some spots but far fewer tar snakes. In either case, both are great events. The Badger race is put on by skaters and is within a stones throw to the WI Dells so there's plenty to do close by. I plan to do both since the Badger race is on the way home anyway. If you have family you can bring them and make a great weekend out of it.
Greg Major
The Major

Postby DROID on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:17 pm

I also think that it would be gtreat to race on Sat AND Sun...... it makes a lot of sense for people who can drive from Chicago,... and also, as someone who has to travel half way accross the country, it would be FANTASTIC to do TWO races on the same trip with no extra time off work,... etc..

Overall,.... it is very cool to see so much excitement for 2008 !!!!

DROID
DROID

Postby The Major on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:20 pm

Droid, how was the El Dorado race? From the pics it looks like you were buying into my stategy a bit :D I hope you can make more midwest races in 2008. Are you going to Houston?
Greg Major
The Major

Postby DROID on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:37 pm

The El Dorado race was FANTASTIC,.............. excellent weather,... also a great race course,... almost totally flat 1.75 mile closed loop road with very nice smooth pavement. Audrey puts LOTS of energy into this event and it is a lot of fun.

We had a decent peleton,....... and as you said,... I took pulls when it was my turn,,, usually 50 strides at a fast pace......... Scott Wolff had a killer sprint,... and the rest of us came in a couple seconds behind him. Peggy skated strong..... took pulls and I think everyone had a great time.

I think that Audrey could do a FULL marathon in addition to the half marathon,...............yet she only gets the course for 2 hours,..... I suggested limiting the FULL marathon field to only those skaters with a documentd marathon time in the same racing season of 90 minutes. So far she does not want to offer a full marathon. But that's OK,..... the event is great and I enjoy skating this race.

Sorry,..... can't do Houston,.... I have to work most weekends,. and I am going to the Silver Strand with my Dad ..... he is running (78 years old !!) I would not miss that experience for the world.

DROID
DROID

Big Granite Date

Postby Robert on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:34 pm

This just in from Ashland:

Hi Robert,
Big Granite will be held on June 28th, 2008.
Thanks,
Mary

Mary McPhetridge
Ashland Area Chamber of Commerce

This puts Big Granite on the day (Saturday) before the Badger Games Inline Marathon in Portage, WI. Ashland is 200 miles north of Portage.
Robert
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Inline Skating