Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/inline2/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Inline Planet Skate Forum • View topic - ~~ HOUSTON INLINE MARATHON : November 3–4, 2007 ~~

~~ HOUSTON INLINE MARATHON : November 3–4, 2007 ~~

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

Postby jmac on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:05 am

The Major wrote:I may be able to attend but I would need someone to watch my 4 yr old daughter while I was racing. She'd love to come on a skate trip with me.

Hey, that's cool — a father/daughter skate trip! I'm sure it won't be a problem, Greg. If you don't know someone who'll be here and can watch her, I'll introduce you to one of my trustworthy skating friends who are also parents of young'uns, who can watch her for you.
jmac

Postby sxevegan on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:37 pm

There will be a group from OKC there.
Rob Bell
sxevegan

Postby tenienteskates on Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:04 pm

Yeah! from Monterrey Mèxico will be a group go too there. 8)
never is too late
tenienteskates

Postby sarolabelle on Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:01 am

A special note is that this day Daylight Savings Time ENDS! So we will all get an hour more of sleep before this race!!!

Also, I have a question....will we be required to keep a pace? Like 7 minute mile or they will kick us out of the race?
sarolabelle

Postby panch0 on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:20 am

'Chis Regios!
The best training for skating... is skating itself!
panch0

Re: .

Postby jmac on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:38 am

sarolabelle wrote:A special note is that this day Daylight Savings Time ENDS! So we will all get an hour more of sleep before this race!!!

That's right, Sarah! Another way to look at it is that if you forget to reset your clock on Saturday night, you'll show up Sunday morning an hour early, not an hour late... so, no worries about missing the start.

sarolabelle wrote:Also, I have a question....will we be required to keep a pace? Like 7 minute mile or they will kick us out of the race?

Great question. Basically, if you think you can finish the Marathon in 3 hours or less, go for it. Skating a 3-hour marathon would require a minimum average pace of about 9 mph (14 km/h), or 7 minutes per mile. [FYI, Sarah, that's equivalent to doing a lap of the Picnic Loop in Memorial Park in about 8:20.] If you think you're not ready for that yet, just sign up for the Half Marathon instead.

At this event, a Marathon will be 6 laps of the course, so 3 hours total equals 30 minutes per lap. I think the way we're going to handle this is that Open Marathon skaters who begin their last lap within 2h30 after starting will be allowed to continue, but those who cross the start/finish line after that time will be asked to stop.

Any Open skaters still on the course after 3 hours may be pulled aside to make sure they don't get tangled up with the Pros in a field sprint as they approach the finish line. (The Pros will start about 2 hours after the Open skaters.)
jmac

Postby jmac on Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:18 pm

Hey everyone! FYI, I just posted our official event announcement over in the Announcements forum... go check it out! :D
jmac

Postby jmac on Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:02 am

*** UPDATE ***

We're very excited to announce that the race announcer at the inaugural Houston Inline Marathon will be none other than...

Heather Lacayo!!!

Yes, the same great gal known for calling the races at St. Paul, NorthShore, Disney, and Long Beach!!
jmac

Postby debbont on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:41 pm

Pro teams such as Matter/Luigino, Powerslide, Simmons Racing, Pyro Apparel, and of course Bont/Rudy Project are sending racers out - only 4 weeks away... get registered today!
debbont

Postby gospeedracer on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:31 pm

Shaping up to be a great race.....BTW the weather will likely be in the 70-80's baby...YES! O.K. with a little humidity (if you've ever been to Houston you'll understand).

Robin
gospeedracer

Postby debbont on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:35 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that arrangements have been made by Joe Cotter (NIRA) and Paul Hedrick (Champions rink) to host the first Mid America Speed League Meet of the 07/08 season on Saturday morning, November 3rd (the day before the Houston Inline Marathon). Now we have a full weekend of inline racing!

On Saturday morning, the rink doors will open at 5am with races starting at 6am, and the meet will end at 1pm. The event will start with the 100 meter dash for cash, with each skater skating 1 lap against the clock. The Dash for Cash will be included along with 2 division races for the overall top three placements in each division. We will also have the popular Last Man Out elimination races, and if time permits, 2 person relays. Entry fee is a flat $25.00 for all indoor events. For more information on the indoor meet, please email NIRA@aol.com For rink info & directions, go to http://www.skatechampions.com

After the indoor meet ends on Saturday, head on over to downtown Houston for the marathon packet pickup/vendor expo at the Last Concert Cafe to check out the latest & greatest product in the skating industry. The expo will take place from 1pm-7pm, and will have live music and tex-mex food available for purchase. Renee Coffman will be giving a free skate clinic sometime during the expo (place to be determined).

Sunday is marathon day (or 1/2 marathon) with activities beginning at 7am. For more information, please go to http://www.houstoninlinemarathon.com and check out our myspace page here http://www.myspace.com/houstoninlinemarathon Other information, such as 'who's coming', hotel info, course info, etc can be found here
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =226517190
debbont

UPDATE: Regular Registration extended!

Postby jmac on Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:53 pm

*** REGULAR REGISTRATION EXTENDED! ***

Because we love our skaters (even those who are really slow to pull the trigger for signing up), we’ve decided to extend Regular Registration until Sunday, October 28 — only a week before the main event! Prices will remain the same during this period:

$70 : Full Marathon (Open or Pro)
$53 : Half Marathon (Open)
$24 : “Easy Street” Fun Skate — Individual
$12 : “Easy Street” Fun Skate — Add’l family members (each)

After Oct. 28, online registration will close, and the only remaining opportunity to register will be in person at the Skating Expo on Saturday, November 3. Prices for “Last-Day” Registration will be higher, as shown below.

LAST-DAY REGISTRATION

Prices for Last-Day Registration at the Skating Expo on Sat 11/3 will be as follows:

$85 : Full Marathon (Open or Pro)
$64 : Half Marathon (Open)
$28 : “Easy Street” Fun Skate — Individual
$14 : “Easy Street” Fun Skate — Add’l family members (each)

*** Please note that registration WILL NOT be available at the race site on Sunday morning! ***

Last-Day MASL Discount

Skaters who compete in the USARS-sanctioned Mid America Speed League indoor meet on the morning of Sat 11/3, and then register for the outdoor event at the Expo that afternoon, will be offered a courtesy discount price of $75 ($10 off) for the Marathon, or $59 ($5 off) for the Half-Marathon.

Questions

If you have any questions about the Houston Inline Marathon Weekend, please email us at marathon{at}houstoninline.com and we’ll be happy to help!
jmac

PreviousNext

Return to Inline Skating