Disney Inline Marathon Cancelled????

Interplanetary space for discussions of inline skating

Postby Robert on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:23 pm

Panch0 wrote:
I wrote an e mail to this address. They replied back their public announcement about the inline marathon not being part of the 2008 season.

I did not get the feel that Disney people want to hear diddly squat!

Sorry to hear that, Pancho. ... When I talked to the Disney spokesman, he asked me what skaters were saying about this and said they would like to hear some feedback from skaters.

I hope your email doesn't fall on deaf ears.
Robert
Site Admin

Disney inline not the IN sport

Postby Tahiti girl on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:51 pm

I agree with Poncho. I got the same canned reply about how they are in to new and fresh sports. I felt like why did I even bother to email them. Like Droid wrote, it's over and done. Roll over Walt. Oops, I mean, move over Walt and make room for the paint ball folks.
Tahiti girl

Postby jmac on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:33 pm

dchondarider wrote:I went to Disney twice (2006 and 2007) and will miss it. It was a nice jump-start to the season for us in the frozen north and a good incentive to put on the skates and train in March.

As a replacement jump-start to your season, I highly recommend the Texas Road Rash! As you may already know, it's held in Round Rock, TX (just north of Austin), and next year it'll be on Sunday, April 6. It's got a really nice course, it's well-organized, and it's a ton of fun! If you haven't been to it before, you should go... you'll be glad you did.

(BTW, my only connection to the TxRR is as a happy skater.)
jmac

Postby Jim White on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:35 pm

The Texas Road Rash and the Crystal Springs/San Mateo marathons will most likely take over as the major spring events,....... it would be nice to see an East coast race enter into this mix.

There's the May 17 Callaway Gardens Marathon. And in the northern midwest, the MetroDome Marathon a little earlier.
Jim White

Minnie make over take over

Postby Tahiti girl on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:37 pm

Disney wasted no time scheduling a running race for the date previously occupied by the the inline race. http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/ ... DetailPage
Tahiti girl

Postby Robert on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 am

It's kinda funny. We got bumped by Disney's Minnie Marathon Weekend.

"Disney's Minnie Marathon Weekend presented by Lady Foot Locker is a Women's Endurance Event at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort."
Robert
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Inline Skating